Top Social

7/52 Colours of the Wind

2/15/2017

When I was younger Pocahontas was my favourite Disney princess. That was because at the time, there weren't many, actually, there weren't any Disney princesses that actually looked like me. So I was searching for myself in everything and I found a little bit of myself in her. She was strong, she was brave and she was strong willed which was everything I thought I lacked.

Fast forward a few years and I find out Pocahontas was only 10 years old and it was not John Smith but John Rolfe who sexually abused her and kept her prisoner in England. (Well done Disney) But I guess the essence of Pocahontas is still something I admire, so that is what I based this week's image on.

I also thought I'd take the opportunity to include some links with information about the Dakota Pipeline.






Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature